If you are having problems with your Lenovo laptop, updating the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) can be a helpful step in the troubleshooting process. It’s crucial to only update the BIOS if you are having problems that the update is known to resolve or if Lenovo help instructs you to.
Your laptop could become completely unusable if the BIOS update is performed incorrectly. Therefore, before attempting to update the BIOS, it is highly advised that you make a backup of your crucial information and documents.
Before You Begin:
- Determine the current BIOS version on your laptop. This information is usually available in the System Information utility or on the Lenovo Support website for your specific model.
- Check the Lenovo Support website for a more recent version of the BIOS for your laptop.
- Save the BIOS update you downloaded to your laptop to a convenient spot, such the desktop.
- Before starting the update, close any open programs and save any open files.
- To prevent your laptop from being harmed, carefully follow the instructions included with the BIOS update. It is advised to contact Lenovo support or a certified technician if you are unsure about the update procedure or have any concerns regarding its security.
Updating the BIOS:
- Restart your laptop and enter the BIOS setup utility by pressing the appropriate key. During the boot process, this key is usually displayed on the screen as F1, F2, F10, or Esc.
- In the BIOS setup utility, go to the BIOS update option. This is usually found in the “System Information,” “Advanced,” or “Update and Recovery” sections.
- To begin the update process, follow the on-screen instructions. This could entail locating the BIOS update file and confirming that you want to proceed with the update.
- Wait for the update to finish. This could take some time. Do not shut down your computer or interrupt the update process.
- After the update is finished, restart your laptop.
In order to prevent your laptop from being harmed, it’s crucial to carefully follow the instructions included with the BIOS update. It is advised to contact Lenovo support or a certified technician if you are unsure about the update procedure or have any concerns regarding its security.